Comparing ‘Two Different Gospels’
Comparing ‘Two Different Gospels’
Preached by ‘Two Apostles’
for the ‘Two Different People Groups of God’
Unto ‘Two Different Eternal Destinies’
*A Shortened Summary*
by Arthur J. Licursi
This is to explain how that after ‘the fall of Israel’ with the stoning of Stephen (Rom. 11:11, 15, 25), God set Israel aside, and then saved Paul giving him a pure Grace Gospel’ for the Gentiles. Paul “laid the foundation” (1Cor. 3:10) that formed the Gentile “church” that he calls “the body of Christ.”
“And [God] hath put all things under his [Jesus’] feet, and gave him to be ‘the head’ over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.” (Ephesians 1:22-23 (KJV)
Any other title than “the body of Christ” for “the church” today is an afront to this body’s “Head” and the Cross-work of Jesus Christ.
Jesus and “the Twelve” Apostles Preached the “gospel of the Kingdom” to Israel Only. This “kingdom” will ultimately come on earth as promised to Israel” (Mark 1:15).
“he (Jesus) answered and said, I am not sent but [ONLY] unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matt. 15:24)
“These twelve [‘little flock’ Apostles]Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go NOT into the way of the GENTILES, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But Go Rather To The Lost Sheep of the house of ISRAEL. (Matthew 10:5-6)
PETER’S “GOSPEL of the Circumcision” preached at Pentecost was Jesus’ “The Gospel of the Kingdom” when he preached to ISRAEL ONLY. Peter said;
“Ye men of ISRAEL, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:” (read Acts 2:22-36)
But Israel Rejected God and His Prophets, The Messiah, as well as the Holy Spirit who was speaking through Stephen (Act 7:57-58); with that, today Israel Is “fallen” and “Cast away” for a Time.
“Let their [Israel’s] eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather Through Their [Israel’s] Fall Salvation Is Come Unto The GENTILES, for to provoke them [Israel] to jealousy. (Romans 11:10-11)
“… the Casting Away of Them [Israel] be the reconciling of the world [Gk. kosmos] …” (Rom. 11:15a)
“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery [‘secret’ plan of God], lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that Blindness In Part Is [temporarily] Happened To ISRAEL, UNTIL The Fulness of The GENTILES be come in.” (Rom.11:25)
With ‘the fall of Israel’ God set the Nation Israel aside. Then Jesus from heaven in His celestial ministry saved Paul and gave him the New and Different ‘Pure GRACE Gospel’ … for the GENTILES.
“… so that I [Paul] might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel of the Grace of God.” (Acts 20:24b)
“for ye [Gentiles] are NOT under the law, but under GRACE.” (Romans 6:14b (KJV)
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is The GIFT of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Eph. 2:8-9)
“… If By GRACE, Then Is It NO MORE OF [religious] WORKS [for salvation]: otherwise grace is no more grace…” (Romans 11:6)
PAUL’S GOSPEL is called “The Gospel of the GRACE of God” (Act 20:24) for ALL races today; all men now being seen and counted by God as GENTILES during this GENTILE age.
“There is Neither Jew Nor Greek [Grk. ethnos, meaning, the ethnics or ‘Gentiles’], there is neither bond [slave] nor free, there is neither male nor female: for Ye Are All One In Christ Jesus.” (Gal. 3:28)
God’s Grace Gospel for today must be received 100% Apart from Dependence Any Religious affiliation or Works if we are to be saved and regenerated with Christ’s “Spirit of life”! Thus, Paul wrote:
“For By GRACE are ye Saved Through Faith [Alone, cf. Act 16:31]; and that NOT of yourselves: it is THE GIFT OF GOD: 9 NOT OF [RELIGIOUS] WORKS, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Thus we have TWO ‘CONTRARY’ GOSPELS Preached by ‘TWO DIFFERENT APOSTLES’:
“But CONTRARIWISE, when they saw that the gospel of [for] the UNcircumcision [the GENTILES] was committed unto me [Paul], as the gospel of [for] the CIRCUMCISION [ISRAEL] was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in PETER to the apostleship of the circumcision [ISRAEL], the same was mighty in me [PAUL] toward the GENTILES:”
(NOTE: Gal. 2:7-8 is properly seen only in the KJV clearly delineate the Two Gospels. These verses are corrupted in the NIV, NASB, ESV, and most all the so-called ‘modern’ bibles that are promoted today)
Thus, PETER and PAUL are the TWO APOSTLES of Note.
TWO DIFFERENT GOSPELS – Paul’s “Gospel of (pertaining to) the UNcircumcision (Gentiles)” and Peter’s “Gospel of (pertaining to) the Circumcision” (Israel) are the Two Gospels of note.
Note below how that which was “SPOKEN… since the world began” (Acts 3:21) cannot be the same information as that which was “KEPT SECRET” since the word began” (Rom. 16:25).
- Peter preached to “Ye men of ISRAEL” (Act 2:22) concerning that which was “SPOKEN by all His [God’s] Holy prophets Since the World Began” (Act 3:21).
- Paul however preached;
“The Revelation of the MYSTERY [the formerly secret gospel]” … “that was KEPT SECRET Since the World Began.” (Rom. 16:25) to ALL men as GENTILES.
“Mystery” in the Greek is “musterion,” “a God-planned ‘secret’” that was “hid in God.” “kept secret” until Jesus from heaven revealed it directly to Paul (Gal 1:12) for the Gentiles (Rom. 11:13, Eph. 3:1) during today’s age of “the dispensation of the GRACE of God” (Eph. 3:2).
Note that Jesus from heaven revealed this “Mystery [secret plan of God]” directly to Paul (Gal. 1:12) … for us Gentiles during today’s age of the “Gospel of the Grace of God.”
“For I [Paul] speak to you GENTILES, inasmuch as I Am The Apostle Of The Gentiles” (Rom. 11:13)
“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I [Paul] write unto you are the commandments [instructions] of the Lord [Jesus].” (1 Corinthians 14:37 (KJV)
Our relationship with God is built upon Paul’s “mystery of the gospel” (Eph. 6:19) as seen in the Pauline verses below. Point 5. explains WHY the “Mystery [God’s secret plan]” had to be “KEPT SECRET”)
1. “… I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of ‘the dispensation of the grace of God’ which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in The Mystery of Christ)” (Eph. 3:1-4 (KJV)
2. “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my [Paul’s] gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,” (Rom. 16:25 (KJV)
3. “For I [Paul] neither received it [the grace gospel] of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of [from] Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 1:12 (KJV)
4. “Whereof I [Paul] am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil [to complete] the word of God; 26 Even ‘the mystery’ which Hath Been Hid From Ages And From Generations, …: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this ‘mystery among the Gentiles’; which is CHRIST IN YOU, the Hope of Glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect (complete) in Christ Jesus:” (Colossians 1:25-28a (KJV)
5. “But we speak the wisdom of God in a Mystery [secret], even the Hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which None of The Princes of This World Knew [princes = Satan’s earthly inspired authorities]: for had they known it [the Mystery/secret], they would NOT Have Crucified the Lord of glory.” (1 Corinthians 2:7-8)
Note that Satan and his ‘princes’ (religious and governments rulers) did NOT Know “the Mystery/secret” plan of God that required the Crucifixion of “the Son of God.” God used Satan to Crucify the Lord Jesus in accord with the eternal plan of God for our Redemption.
No doubt, Satan now, in Retrospect, would NOT have Crucified Jesus since Satan now has to contend with millions of eternally saved Christians who now bear the very same Resurrected “Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus Christ” INDWELLING each of them.
TWO ETERNAL DESTINIES for the TWO PEOPLE GROUPS of ONE GOD.
- The Eternal Destiny of The Nation Israel is to co-reign with Christ On Earth forever after Christ’s return to earth (cf. Rev. 5:10, 20:6). Only then will be “Thy kingdom come thy will be done ON EARTH.”
- The Destiny of The Gentile Church called “the Body of Christ” is to Reign With Christ In Heaven.
conversation [Old English for ‘citizenship’] is IN HEAVEN; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious [resurrection] body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.” (Phili. 3:20-21)
“If we suffer [endure this life by Him], We Shall Also REIGN With Him…” (2 Tim. 2:12a (KJV)
“we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle [physical body] were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, Eternal In The Heavens.” (2 Corinthians 5:1 (KJV)
“Know ye not that We Shall Judge Angels?” (1 Corinthians 6:2-3a (KJV)
“Now then [presently] we [of the body of Christ] are Ambassadors for Christ [while on earth; our home is in heaven], as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled (united) to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:20)
Now Knowing His love and grace, and our Eternal destiny, we as believers meanwhile serve Him and Wait for our ultimate ‘Rapture to Heaven,’ which is “the redemption of our bodies” (Romans 8:23).
- We are to “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
Thus, we are to “Rightly Divide” what in the Bible applies to Israel … from what applies to “the body of Christ.” We are to adhere only to that which applies to us as the GENTILE “body of Christ.”
- We “not under the Law but under Grace” (Rom. 6:14), thus we live in the rarified realm of God’s ‘pure grace’ where our Sins are ‘Not Counted Against Us’ (Rom. 4:5-8).
- We know that All things occurring in our lives work for the eternal good of ourselves and in accord with God’s Eternal Plan. (Rom. 8:28-29)
- Thus, we can rejoice in “all things” knowing we are ‘secure in Christ’ and that nothing can “separates us from the love of God” (Rom. 8:31) nor alter our grace relationship with Him; while He is at work is us, renewing our souls. (Rom. 5:2, Phili 2:13, 1:6)
We know “That in the Dispensation of The Fulness of Times he [God] might gather together in one all things In Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; ev