God’s Work for You, In You, and Through You as a Believer
By Arthur J Licursi
The heart of the genuine believer is toward the Lord from the day of their salvation… then desiring to live righteously and according to His will. But we often fail and falter.
Thankfully, it is God’s Work: for us, in us, and through us that is the profitable source that is always working in our lives… through “all things.”
Our one work is to trust Christ and His Cross. Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God (for you), that ye believe on (trust in) him whom he (The Father) hath sent. John 6:29. He and His All-sufficient Work for us at the Cross is the very basis of our being accepted by God our Father. The Godhead life that is “In Christ” is now in us... as our new life.
Please study and meditate upon these Bible statements of fact below concerning His work for you, in you, and through you. Note always exactly ‘Who’ it is doing the work!
I’ve added emphasis in the following verse in parenthesis. In reading these verses, we all should become ‘unburdened’ by resting in His plan, His will, and His Work, in Our lives.
- For We Are His [God’s] Workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
- For It Is God Which Worketh In You both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13
- The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8
- To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he [God] hath Made Us Accepted in the beloved [in union with Christ by faith]. Ephesians 1:6
- Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6
- give thanks unto the LORD; for He Is Good: for His Mercy Endureth For Ever. Psalm 136:1
- 22 It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, Because His compassions [tender mercies] never fail. 23 They are new every morning; Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness. Lam. 3:22-23 AMP
- I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth ALL things for me. Psalm 57:2
- For now thou [Lord] numberest my steps… Job 14:16a
- 28 And we know that All Things [ultimately] Work Together For Good To Them That Love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:28-29
- [Christ] In Whom Also We Have Obtained An Inheritance, being predestinated According To The Purpose Of Him Who Worketh All Things After The Counsel Of His Own Will: Ephesians 1:11 (KJV)
- And the very God of peace sanctify you [purify you] wholly [completely]; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- 26 Likewise the Spirit [of God] also Helpeth Our Infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but The Spirit [of God] Itself Maketh Intercession For Us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26 (KJV)
- 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who Hath [Already] Blessed Us With All Spiritual Blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him [In Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 [Him] Having Predestinated Us Unto The Adoption of Children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Eph. 1:3-5
- by the grace of God I [Paul] am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Cor. 15:10
- 20Now may the God of Peace… 21Make You perfect [complete] in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Heb. 13:21
- But the God of All Grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory [in heaven] by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, Make You Perfect, Stablish, Strengthen, Settle You. 1 Peter 5:10
- To the end He [God] May Stablish Your Hearts Unblameable In Holiness before God, … 1 Thessalonians 3:13a
And God Is Able To Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that ye, Always Having All Sufficiency In All Things, may abound to every good work: 2 Corinthians 9:8