Chronological Order of Paul’s Epistles
Paul’s Acts epistles - Using Scriptural data, we can say the following about the Chronological Order of Paul’s Epistles.
- Galatians (written at the time of Acts chapters 17/18) — penned in from?
- 1 Thessalonians (written Acts chapter 18) — penned in Corinth
- 2 Thessalonians (written Acts chapter 18) — penned in Corinth
- 1 Corinthians (written Acts chapters 19/20) — penned in Ephesus
- 2 Corinthians (written Acts chapter 20) — penned in Macedonia
- Romans (written Acts chapter 20) — penned in Corinth
Supplemental: Paul’s Prison Epistles are all written after the Acts Period
While Paul was under house arrest in Rome during the two years following the Acts period (Acts 28:30-31), he wrote Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon. (Luke also penned the Book of Acts here.)
Paul was released for some time, writing 1 Timothy and Titus during that free period.
Recaptured, Paul was imprisoned in a dungeon in Rome. There, Paul penned a 2nd and final epistle to Timothy; the Roman government put him to death shortly thereafter (2 Timothy 4:6-8).
- Ephesians — sent by Tychicus (6:21-22) — penned in Rome
- Philippians — sent by Epaphroditus (2:25, 28-29) — penned in Rome
- Colossians — sent by Tychicus and Onesimus (4:7-9) — penned in Rome
- Philemon — sent by Onesimus (verses 10-17) — penned in Rome
- 1 Timothy — ?
- Titus — sent by Tychicus and/or Artemas? (3:12) — penned en route to Nicopolis (3:12)
- 2 Timothy — sent by ? — penned in Rome (1:17) — **Paul’s farewell**