The Inspiration of The Words of The Bible
The very “words” in the Bible are the inspired words of God - not the writers of the Bible. God told Moses “write THE WORDS” (Exo. 17:14). The letters “spir” in the phrase “inspiration of God” is from the Greek, “theopneusto” ‘Pneuma’ means “spirit” or breath. It was the ‘divine breath’ of God speaking by the “Holy Spirit” that came to the men who wrote ‘God’s words’ of the Bible. They did not just get God’s idea, concept, or principle to write in ‘their own words.’ No, that is the folly of today modern Bibles. Rather, the Bible text contains the divine ‘words of God.’
Note this fact as seen in these Bible verses?
Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is WRITTEN, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: The Words That I [Jesus] Speak Unto You, They Are Spirit, And They Are Life.
Acts 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David Spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Acts 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well Spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God Spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
PRESERVATION of The Written Words of Scripture are God’s Words Entrusted to Man
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV) And that from a child [Timothy] thou hast known THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. Timothy’s copy of the Bible was considered by Paul to be as reliable as the original autographs, thus Paul referred to them as “THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.”
Matthew 22:31 (KJV) [Jesus said] But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not READ that which was SPOKEN UNTO YOU BY GOD, saying,
Isaiah 30:8 (KJV) Now go, write it before them in a table, and NOTE IT IN A BOOK, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV) The WORDS OF THE LORD are pure words…. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE THEM from this generation for ever.
Psalm 119:89 (KJV) For ever, O LORD, THY WORD IS SETTLED in heaven. .
Psalm 119:160 (KJV) Thy Word is True from the beginning…
1 Peter 1:25 (KJV) But THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURETH FOR EVER.
Deut 17:14-15, 18 (KJV) When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee… 15 Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee… 18and it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he [the Scribe] shall WRITE HIM [the King of Israel] A COPY OF THIS LAW [The Mosaic Law] IN A BOOK out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
Perversions of God’s Word are nothing new – consider these verses.
- Jeremiah 5:31 (KJV) The prophets [of Israel] prophesy FALSELY, and the priests bear rule by their [own] means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
- Jeremiah 23:36 (KJV) ...ye have PERVERTED THE WORDS OF THE LIVING GOD…
- 2 Corinthians 2:17 (KJV) For we (Paul, Barnabas, Silas, Timothy, etc.) are not as many, which CORRUPT the Word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
- Mark 4:15 (KJV) SATAN COMETH … and Taketh Away THE WORD… sown in their hearts.
- Matthew 15:3, 6, 9 (KJV) But he [Jesus] answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 6And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Most pastors and Christians consider the myriad of modern Bible translations they use as ‘harmless,’ but they are not harmless. There has been a concerted effort by the Devil, the “liar from the beginning,” to corrupt and pervert “the words of God.” Satan seeks a ‘universal or one-world Bible’ of his own, as the basis for unifying all religions into a one-world false religion, under a one-world government led by the coming false messiah, Anti-Christ, who will be possessed of Satan himself. The Devil’s Bibles are designed to diminish the pure “Gospel of Christ” as “the Son of God.”
You might ask; how can you say that?
Well, if you compare all the modern translations carefully with the Authorized King James Bible Version (KJV), verse for verse, you will see that in many occurrences there appears to be a concerted effort to diminish the place and singularity of Jesus Christ as “the Son of God,” and to diminish the importance of His blood shed that was “for the sins of the world.”
- Note these verses treat the name ‘Christ’ as the beloved ‘Son of God’ is eliminated in the NIV, NASB, etc. – Gal 4:7, Eph. 3:9, 3:14, Col 1:2, Jn 9:35, Mark 1:1, Jn 3:17, 6:69, Luk 2:33, 9:35, Mat 1:25, 24:36, Acts 8:37, 3:13, 3:26, 4:27, 30, and many more perversions of “the word of truth.”
Some ask, what about the New King James Bible? The New King James Bible Version has 100,000 changes from the KJV. It omits “hell” 22 times, “blood” 23 times, “repent” 44 times, “heaven” 50 times, “God” 51 times, “Lord” 66 times, and “devils,” “damnation,” and “JEHOVAH,” are completely omitted. JEHOVAH” appears thousands of times in the Old Testament as the literal name of God, but… in deference to world ecumenism they changed it to “the Lord” which is a title, not a name. False religions can then can attach any false god’s name to this title.
Most all modern translations (NIV, ESV, NASB, AMP, RSV, Living Bible, et al) have ALL been similarly corrupted because they are most all derived from the very same “new” corrupted Greek text that was assembled by these two men, Westcott & Hort. These men drew their “new” Greek text from three disputed codices, the Alexandrian, Sinaiticus, and Latin Vulgate. A group of “scholars” in Alexandria, Egypt thought they could do better than the KJV’s Textus Receptus manuscripts. When they made their copies, they made “corrections” that they thought better presented what they thought the Scriptures should say… from man’s viewpoint. Some of their errors were gross blunders such as quoting Malachi and calling it from Isaiah, but others were more subtle, slight word changes to take away the deity of Christ. They removed verses they didn’t like. By contrast the Traditional text, the KJV’s “Textus Receptus” is the Greek text that has been used by Christians for nearly 2,000 years. Over 99% of the 5200 existing Greek New Testament manuscripts are in agreement with the text of the English Authorized Version of 1611. Yet, the Critical Text drawn form the three codices have recently been the most influential in the so-called modern, critical editions of the Greek New Testament. They have achieved widespread acceptance in the form of the Greek text of Westcott & Hort (1881), culminating in the United Bible Society Nestle-Aland 28th edition of the New Testament. The Catholic RSV of 1965 and NSRV of 1981 are based on the Vatican’s “second hand” Latin Vulgate Text.
Considering Westcott & Hort:
“Brooke Foss Westcott (1825-1903) and Fenton John Anthony Hort (1828-1892) have been highly controversial figures in biblical history. On one side, their supporters have heralded them as great men of God, having greatly advanced the search for the original Greek text. On the other side, their opponents have leveled charges of heresy, infidelity, apostasy, and many others, claiming that they are guilty of WREAKING GREAT DAMAGE ON THE TRUE TEXT OF SCRIPTURE.”
Westcott/Hort are Quoted:
“It cannot be said that they believed that one could attain Heaven by either works or faith, since both believed that Heaven exists only in the mind of man.” Westcott believed in and attempted to practice a form of Communism… Westcott & Hort believed it possible to communicate with the dead and made many attempts to do just that through a society which they organized, called “The Ghostly Guild.”
Westcott accepted and promoted prayers for and to the dead. Such necromancy, communion with the dead, is forbidden in Deuteronomy 18:10-11 There shall not be found among you any one that ... (is a) consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a NECROMANCER. Hort was a proponent of Darwin and his theory of evolution.
These two men are responsible for today’s modern Bibles (NIV, NASB, ESV, Living Bible, et al.)
So, the popular NIV (New International Version) is based upon the 1881 New Greek Critical Text developed by Westcott & Hort. The following 16 whole verses that are found the KJV have been “deleted” from the NIV and from most modern Bibles. But also if you were to compare the verse of the two New Testaments you would find that many, many, words and phrases are deleted or altered.
1. Matthew 17:21: "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
2. Matthew 18:11: "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
3. Matthew 23:14: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."
4. Mark 7:16: "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
5. Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
6. Mark 9:46: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
7. Mark 11:26: "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
8. Mark 15:28: "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he [Jesus] was numbered with the transgressors."
9. Luke 17:36: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
10. John 5:4: "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
11. Acts 8:37: "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
12. Acts 15:34: "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."
13. Acts 24:7: "But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"
14. Acts 28:29: "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."
15. Romans 16:24: "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
16. I John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
You can check to see IF YOUR BIBLE IS CORRUPTED by comparing this list of Bible verses below are those by which are taken from the KJV.
Check to see MARK’S Gospel is QUOTING IN THE 1ST PART OF MARK 1:2? The Bibles cannot be trusted if there is such a blatant statement of untruth. How then could you tell anyone the word of God is true?
- Mark 1:2 (KJV) “As it is WRITTEN IN THE PROPHETS, Behold, I send my messenger…”
Below are two Bible versions typical of the corrupted new age Bible translations, having errors. Any error proves that Bible cannot be trusted.
- Mark 1:2 (NIV) It is written in ISAIAH the prophet: “I will send my messenger ahead of you…
- Mark 1:2 (NASB) As it is written in ISAIAH the prophet: “Behold, I send My messenger …
Isaiah 40:3 (below) comes close BUT the words “I WILL SEND MY MESSENGER” (KJV) are missing.
- Isaiah 40:3 KJV The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD…
The fact is that MARK 1:2 IS ACTUALLY QUOTING the PROPHET MALACHI 3:1 – NOT ISAIAH at all.
- Malachi 3:1 (KJV) Behold, I WILL SEND MY MESSENGER, and he shall prepare the way before me…
This Bible error in the NIV is only one of many hundreds of major conflicts between the KJV and new age translations.
We are to prove the Bible by comparing Scripture with Scripture. A most fundamental principle of interpreting scripture is that what the Bible says in one place agrees with what it says elsewhere. To understand any religious topic correctly, we must look at it under all the light the Bible shines on it.
As You Will See It is Important to Have All of ALL The Verses With Their Correct Words!
Now consider the 8 points that follow, comparting the KJV and Modern Translations.
1. Who killed Goliath? We know young David killed Goliath as seen Isaiah 21:9. Now compare Bibles.
- 2 Samuel 21:19 (KJV) And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew THE BROTHER of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.
Note how the NIV etc., messed up 2 Samuel 21:19
- 2 Samuel 21:19 (NIV, NASB, etc.) In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jaare-Oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver’s rod.
2. Can you find the name “Lucifer” (KJV) in Isa. 14:12 of your Bible? It’s in the KJV but Not found in NIV, NASB, ESV, AMP, RSV, etc.
3. Are these complete VERSES IN YOUR BIBLE? These six verses (there are also six other verses) are NOT in the NIV, NASB NLT, ESV, NET Bibles.
- Matthew 17:21 (KJV) Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
- Mark 9:44, 46, 48 (KJV) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
- Acts 8:37 (KJV) And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD.
- 1 John 5:7 (KJV) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (This is an attack on the Triune Godhead!)
4. WHO IS JESUS’ FATHER?
(NOTE here and below that “ALTERED” refers to changed verses found in the modern NIV, NASB, ESV, etc.)
We know Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit from Matt. 1:20.
- Luke 2:33 (KJV) The child’s FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him.
Note here above that Joseph is correctly called Jesus’ father in the KJV, but below Joseph is called “the child’s father” in the corrupted bibles, see below.
- ALTERED: Lk. 2:33 (NIV, NASB) And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him (Jesus).
This is not an error, it is an attack on the Divinity of Jesus as “the Son of God,” who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, NOT of Joseph.
5. Note how the words are rearranged. Is Jesus Christ ‘God over all’ or is God over All? Compare the KJV and NIV.
Rom. 9:5 (KJV) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen..
Rom. 9:5 (NIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised!
The plain fact is that the NIV's translation, in calling Christ "God over all," confuses the Persons of the Godhead and is thus theologically unsound.
6. Didn’t “God…Create All Things By Jesus Christ? Apparently NOT in the NIV, NASB, etc.
Ephesians 3:9 (KJV) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who Created All Things By Jesus Christ:
ALTERED Here: Ephesians 3:9 (NIV) and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
7. Isn’t Jesus Christ “the Alpha and Omega, first & Last”! NOT in the NIV, NASB, etc. (Compare below)
Revelation 1:11 (KJV) Saying, I [Jesus Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
ALTERED Here: Revelation 1:11 (NIV, NASB, etc) which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
Note what is missing (above). This is yet another attack on “the Son of God” being the eternal God!
8. DOES GOD’S “WORD” MATTER? God’s “Name” is “above ALL blessing and praise.”
Nehemiah 9:5b (KJV) … Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious NAME, WHICH “IS” EXALTED ABOVE ALL blessing and praise.
ALTERED Here: Nehemiah 9:5 (NIV) …Stand up and praise the Lord your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting.” “Blessed be your glorious name, and “MAY IT BE” exalted above all blessing and praise.
Yet, God has placed His WORD above His NAME! (Compare below).
Psalm 138:1-2 (KJV) I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME.
ALTERED Here: Psalms 138:1-2 (NIV, NASB., etc) I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise. 2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name AND your word.
The Perfect Written “Word of God”
Psalm 19:7-10 (KJV) The law (written instruction in the Torah, the Pentateuch) of the LORD is Perfect [without blemish], converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes [commandments] of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
1 Thess 2:13 (KJV) For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us (Paul and his), ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, THE WORD OF GOD, which effectually WORKETH ALSO IN YOU THAT BELIEVE.
1Cor 14:37 (KJV) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I (Paul) write unto YOU ARE THE COMMANDMENTS [instruction] OF THE LORD.
The YouTube video referenced below is worth viewing.
‘Wescott and Horts Occult Connections’ - Dr. Phil Stringer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wsTKbL_wQ&t=1714s (YouTube, 1 hour)