Paul’s “Mystery” Gospel – Short Summary
Two Gospels / Two Apostles / Two People Groups of God / Two Eternal Destinies
- Jesus and “the Twelve” Apostles Directed their Preaching … to Israel only:
“… he [Jesus] answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matt. 15:24)
“These twelve [Apostles] Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather To The Lost Sheep Of The House Of Israel. (Matthew 10:5-6 (KJV)
They preached Jesus’ “the gospel of the kingdom (to come on earth)” (Mark 1:15).
But Today… Israel Is FALLEN because;
- They rejected God and His Prophets in the Old Testament
- Then they rejected Jesus, their Messiah
- Then when God gave them another chance, in response to Jesus’ plea at the cross – “Father forgive them, they know not what they do,” … in Acts 7 they Stoned Stephen to death, a man “full of the Holy Spirit” … Rejecting the Word of The Holy Spirit.
With that… Israel has fallen and been cast away. God said;
“10Let their [Israel’s] eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their [Israel’s] fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy
“25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that Blindness in part is [temporarily] happened to Israel, UNTIL the Fulness of the Gentiles be come in [at the Rapture].” (Rom.11:10-11, 25)
With Israel fallen and set aside temporarily; Jesus then appeared to Saul of Tarsus in Acts 9 to convert and make him … ‘Paul,’ “The (one) Apostle to the Gentiles.”
Paul was given a New ‘Gospel’ - the Pure “Gospel of the Grace of God”:
“… so that I (Paul) might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify ‘the Gospel of the Grace of God.’” (Acts 20:24b)
“for ye are NOT under the law, but under GRACE.” (Romans 6:14b (KJV)
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that (faith is) not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Eph. 2:8-9)
“… If By GRACE, Then Is It No More Of Works [for salvation]: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.” (Rom. 11:6) Grace must be 100%!
Thus, The Bible Contains TWO God-Given but Contrary Gospels:
“But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me [Paul], as the gospel of the circumcision [Israel] was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (Gal. 2:7-8 KJV ONLY)
- Peter preached Jesus’ “gospel of the Kingdom” to Israel, that which had been
- ” (Act 3:21).
- Paul preached “The Revelation (unveiling) of the Mystery [secret],” that Jesus from heaven gave Him. This is God’s plan that was “KEPT SECRET SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN.” So, God had withheld certain information concerning His plan for ‘the Gentiles,’ and their calling.
Jesus revealed this ‘Mystery (secret)’ to Paul for the Gentiles of today’s age of “dispensation of the grace of God.” (Ephesians 3:1-5)
“The Mystery” Defined: “Mystery” in the Greek is “musterion,” “a God-planned secret” until Jesus from heaven revealed it directly to the Paul for the Gentiles (Gal 1:12, Rom. 11:13, Eph. 3:1) establishing today’s “dispensation of the grace of God” (Eph. 3:2). This established a relationship with God that is built upon pure (100%) grace as seen in the verses below.
1. “… I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of ‘the dispensation of the grace of God’ which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)” (Eph. 3:1-4 (KJV)
2. “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,” (Rom. 16:25 (KJV)
3. “Whereof I (Paul) am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect (complete) in Christ Jesus:” (Colossians 1:25-28a (KJV)
4. “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes (Satan inspired authorities) of this world knew: for had they known it [the Mystery], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” (1 Corinthians 2:7-8 (KJV)
God’s Two People Groups Have Distinctly Different Destinies related to “Heaven” and “Earth.”
“That in the Dispensation Of THE FULNESS OF TIMES he (God) might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:” (Ephesians 1:10 (KJV)
- The Church, the “Body of Christ” will soon be Raptured to heaven, to co-reign with Christ in “the heavenly places,” thus ending our time on earth.
- Israel will ultimately co-reign with Christ on earth forever after Christ’s return to earth (Rev. 5:10, 20:6) The Jews prayers says; “Thy kingdom come they will be done on earth”
Paul wrote of the Gentile “body of Christ”
- “For our conversation [citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious [resurrection] body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.” (Phili. 3:20-21)
- “If we suffer [endure this life with Him], We Shall Also Reign With Him…” (2 Timothy 2:12a (KJV)
“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle (physical body) were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (2 Corinthians 5:1 (KJV)
- “Know ye not that we shall judge angels?...” (1 Corinthians 6:3a (KJV)
“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing (counting) their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:18-20 (KJV)
Meanwhile – we wait for the Rapture - “the redemption of our bodies” (Romans 8:23):
- We “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
- We live in the rarified realm of pure grace where our Sins are Not Counted Against Us (Rom. 4:5-8).
- All things in our lives work for the eternal good of ourselves and for God’s Plan. (Rom. 8:28-29)
- Thus, we can rejoice in “all things” knowing we are secure in Christ and nothing that can alter our grace relationship with Him; while He is at work is us, renewing our souls. (Rom. 5:2, Phili 2:13, 1:6)