The Mature Christian’s Worldview
By Arthur J Licursi
There is a crying need among all humanity seeing the turmoil and uncertainty in the USA and around the world. This is a nearly full reflection of the prevailing ‘spirit’ of this present ‘age’ that has brought the “horror of great darkness” (Gen. 15:12), that today rules the cosmos, that is ruling both from “the heavens” and upon “the earth.”
“Wherein … according to the course of this
world [Gk. kosmos, age], according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 … in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.” (Ephesians 2:1-3 excerpted (KJV)
But the mature grace believing Christian is bolstered, knowing and trusting the Lord. Holding the proper Biblical worldview, protects him from fear because of Who and what he knows. Having a ‘dispensational’ understanding of the Bible, he recognizes this dark temporal world for what it is, knowing his destiny is glorious “eternal in the heavens” (2Cor 5:1). “… we look NOT at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are TEMPORAL; but the things which are not seen are ETERNAL.” (2 Cor 4:18)
Let’s now consider the benefits that spring from a proper mature Christian Biblical worldview that is founded upon “the word of the Lord.” “For we walk [conduct our lives] By Faith, NOT by sight” (2 Cor. 5:7). The points listed below describe the mindset of a mature believer who trust the Lord and is “securely sealed” in Christ (Eph. 1:13).
- The grace believing Christian Knows God as his real Father, born of the “Seed” of His spirit-loins, “which is Christ.”
1Pet. 1:23…born again, not of corruptible ‘seed,’ (Gk. sperma) but of incorruptible [seed], by the word [Christ] of God.
Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Romans 8:15 … ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the [His] Spirit is [your] spirit. (cf. 1Cor. 6:17)
- He has the witness of his real pedigree within his spirit.
Romans 8:16 The Spirit [of the Lord] Itself Beareth Witness With Our Spirit, That We Are The Children of God.
- He knows he is literally One with “the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus” within his human “spirit of man.”
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery (the long-held secret plan of God) among the Gentiles; which is Christ IN You, the hope of [heavenly] glory:
Romans 8:9-10 … the Spirit of God (the Father) dwell in you. … if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
- He as a genuine regenerated believer knows the eternal Lord Jesus Christ… personally, intimately.
He knows that in his relationship with God he is unconditionally loved, and overseen by the Lord.
Psalm 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Colossians 3:15 … let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
- He knows that ALL that occurs touching his life is permitted of the hand of the Lord who knows all, loves, and cares for him; while making “ALL things” to work for his (eternal) good.
Romans 8:28 … we know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 … [to] be conformed to the image of his Son…
- He knows the Bible ‘dispensationally’ and so its information not misapplied in his understanding.
Therefore, he knows he does not live under the “condemnation” (Rom 8:1a) of “the Law” dispensation, but rather that he lives under the pure grace of “the dispensation of the grace of God” (Eph 3:2).
Romans 6:14 … for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”
- He knows he is not under “the Law” and can never be condemned by His Lord.
Romans 8:1 (AMP) THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who (then) live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
- … He is spiritually minded, enjoying rest and peace within his soul-self.
Romans 8:6 to be carnally minded is death; but To Be Spiritually Minded Is Life and Peace.
- And because of “Who” he knows and trusts, he has no fear of the present or future; he has peace within.
Hebrews 2:15 (to) Deliver Them Who Through Fear of Death Were All Their Lifetime Subject To Bondage.
Philippians 4:6-7 DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And THE PEACE OF GOD, which Transcends All Understanding, Will Guard Your Hearts and Your Minds In Christ Jesus.
- He knows his ‘old soul-self’ is crucified with the Lord; thereby the Sin nature in his flesh has no power over him
Romans 6:6-7 (AMP) We know that our old (unrenewed) self was nailed to the cross with Him in order that [our] body [which is the instrument] of sin might be made ineffective and inactive for evil, that we might no longer be the slaves of sin. 7 For when a man dies, he is freed (loosed, delivered) from [the power of] sin.
- He is Comforted knowing his destiny is sure and secure for eternity… in heaven.
Phili 3:20a But OUR CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN…2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of
this tabernacle (body) were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- He knows his temporary suffering has purpose and will lead to his reigning eternally with Christ in heaven.
2 Cor 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 2Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him… 2 Cor 5:1 we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle [body] were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- He Knows the “Spirit of life in Christ Jesus” within him, having the awareness and sense of Christ in him.
Romans 8:9-10 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN YOU. Now If Any Man Have Not The Spirit Of Christ, He Is None Of His. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but THE SPIRIT IS LIFE (Grk. Zoë) because of righteousness.
- He Knows Christ’s eternal “Spirit of LIFE” is within him, making him eternal by the very same LIFE.
Romans 6:23 … the gift of God is eternal life through (Gk. en, in) Jesus Christ our Lord.
- He Knows that God the Father knows his weakness while living in his body, awaiting his going home
Psa 103:14 (AMP) He Knows Our Frame, He Remembers and Imprints [On His Heart] That We Are Dust.
- He has the means in Christ to successfully endure the sufferings such as are common to all humanity.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but GOD IS FAITHFUL, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation (trial) also Make A Way To Escape, (so) That Ye May Be Able To Bear It.
Hebrews 4:15 … we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but (Jesus) was in all points tempted (in trials) like as we are, yet without sin.
- He appreciates and enjoys having Christ’s life with him in the moment, as he walks with Him.
Jn 10:10 I Am Come That They Might Have Life (Zoë, the eternal life) … That They Might Have It More Abundantly.
Acts 17:28 … in (union with) him we live, and move, and have our being; … For we are also his offspring.
- He is free to enjoy daily life regardless of the decay he sees… because he knows his real life is eternal.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, THERE IS LIBERTY.
John 6:63 it is The Spirit That Quickeneth (Gives Life); the flesh profiteth nothing…
- He Has the glorious expectation of eternal blessing in heaven, in accord with the Lord’s eternal purpose.
Philippians 3:20-21 For our
conversation [citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious [resurrection] body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
2Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
1Tim 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, [so] that they may lay hold on eternal life (the fullness of eternal life).
- He Enjoys the security of “knowing” that which otherwise is unknowable.
1 Cor 2:16b … WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.
- He knows that even when he may fail, by not always trusting the Lord, the Lord is still faithful to him.
2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not (fail to trust Him), yet he (The Lord) abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
- He Knows his calling and commission toward lost men while he is on earth.
Ephesians 3:9 … to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery (of Christ in you), which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ (while we are on this earth in this age of grace) …
- He as a grace believer knows he will never see the angry face of God.
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while