Three Eternal Realms
Arthur J Licursi
The Bible refers to at least three (3) realms of future blessing after death and not just the one called “the heaven of heavens.” These three realms of eternal destiny pertain to God’s three different people groups.
Each realm one has its own hope, resurrection, and inheritance of eternal blessings as a result of their adoption.
Until the end of the Acts period of ~35 years, the idea of humans entering God’s realm of “the heaven of heavens,” was unthinkable.
- The hope of Israel was a restored kingdom of [from] heaven (Acts 1:6) on the earth.
- Abraham was promised a land for his seed for ever (Gen 13:15). He looked for a city which hath foundations whose builder and maker is God (Heb. 11:10).
- After the Acts period ended with Israel deemed Lo-Ammi [not my people], then a “mystery [secret]” was revealed to Paul pertaining to an election and a hope of a high calling which included spiritual blessings in the “heavenly places, in Christ” (Eph 1:3), where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God (Co 3:1, Eph 1:20) Far Above All [angelic] principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age-time, but the coming age also.
Let’s allow the verses speak to us concerning God’s Three Eternal Spheres or Realms of blessings as relate to the believers of all ages – (lowest to highest):
- The first eternal realm is “The New Earth”: … for Abraham’s believing Seed of the Nation of Israel.
“But he [Jesus] answered and said, I am not sent but [except] unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 15:24 (KJV)
“These twelve [Apostles] Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 10:5-6 (KJV)
For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. (Genesis 13: 15-17)
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5)
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea [of glass]. (Revelation 21:1)
Most Gentile Christians today mistakenly think they will resurrect and return to earth with Jesus to be in His Millennial kingdom on earth. Since they believe their destiny is to be ON EARTH and they mistakenly believed Jesus’ words of John 3:16, which promised “everlasting life” to the believing “lost sheep of the house of Israel,” was spoken to them, then their destiny … will be on earth along with Israel. They will be among the “guest” at the ‘wedding feast” of “the Lamb” and His “bride [the elect overcomers of Israel, cf. Hosea].”
Sadly, these Gentiles never heard, knew, or believed their Apostle Paul’s Post-Acts gospel for “the Gentiles” (Eph. 3:1-5) … so they will miss out on God’s eternal plan for “the faithful” Gentiles. They lose out on their calling and eternal destiny in serving God “in the heavenly places.” “Far above.”
Many of these folks mistakenly look for what they call “the rapture” to heaven but their resurrection will be to “meet the Lord in the air [the atmosphere].”
- The 2nd realm is “The Heavenly City, the “New Jerusalem” – to come down from heaven onto The New Earth … for the Overcoming ‘Elect’ of Israel.
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. (Hebrews 11:8-10)
Him [of Israel] that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God (Revelation 21:9-10)
- The third realm for the faithful of the Gentiles is “The Heavenly Places in Christ” (Eph. 1:3-4) “Far Above All Heavens” (Eph. 4:10-12) … applying to “the faithful” (Eph. 1:1), the Elect the Gentile “Body of Christ,” as seen in the epistles of Paul’s 2nd ministry to “the Gentiles” (Eph. 3:1-5). Paul’s Post-Acts Prison Epistles are Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and 2Timothy. In these epistles Paul is addressing the Gentile “body of Christ” according to “The Mystery (Grk. secret plan of God).”
“And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe [Paul’s post-Acts message], according to the working of his mighty power, which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the HEAVENLY PLACES, FAR ABOVE all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:” (Ephesians 1:19-21)
And hath [already] raised us up together, and Made Us Sit Together IN Heavenly Places IN Christ Jesus: (Ephesians 2:6)
When Christ, who is our [eternal] life, shall appear, then shall Ye Also Appear With Him In Glory. (Colossians 3:4)
Thus, we of “the faithful” Gentiles should be looking for “His appearing.”
conversation [Old English for ‘citizenship’] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile [corruptible] body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious [resurrection] body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Philippians 3:20-21 (KJV)
“When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.”
Readers with questions might do well to read this below at www.artlicursi.com .
“Comparing Israel's Hope of ‘Resurrection’ with the Gentiles ‘Appearing’ in Glory” Distinguishing Paul’s 2 Sets of Epistles. https://artlicursi.com/series/comparing-israels-hope-%E2%80%98resurrection%E2%80%99-gentiles-%E2%80%98appearing%E2%80%99-glory